Wikitude for BlackBerry updated to v7.1
Wikitude just got updated to v7.1, However no change log was included. Wikitude was voted “Best Augmented Reality browser” three years in a row: 2009, 2010 and 2011 ! Wikitude World Browser finds cool people, places and things and allows you to discover your surroundings in a completely new way. Provided that your BlackBerry has a digital compass built in (most OS7 devices), you can simply hold up your smartphone and explore what’s around you in Augmented Reality (AR). Identify places, sights and even your BBM friends through your camera’s field of vision – a truly engaging and immersive experience. Don’t worry should you not have a digital compass in your BlackBerry (all OS6 devices). You can still explore places, things and people around you on a map and list view. As a BBM connected app Wikitude can locate your friends and other BBM users, of course only if they share their location. A great way to meet other BBM users and make new friends. Wikitude has been voted “The most addictive social app using BBM”.
- Create your very own AR World and share it with your friends, meaning you see their favorite Places, and they see yours
- Find events, tweets, Wikipedia articles, ATMs, restaurants, user reviews and much more around you
- Interact with your BBM contacts and discover new BBM users around you like you have never done before.
- Experience places near you in augmented reality or show them on a map or list view
- Browse more than 150 million places and interactive content from more than 2,500 content providers or so called “Worlds”
- Explore and identify places and objects around you
- Search for specific places, for example “thai restaurant”
- Find mobile coupons and discounts for stores and shops near you
Only OS7 devices that got compass inside will be able to run the AR Browser, while others will still be able to run the list and map view.
Get it from AppWorld now!
BlackBerry®, RIM®, PlayBook™ , Research In Motion®, SureType®, SurePress™ and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. BerryEG.com is not affiliated with RIM